• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to Nintendo 3DS Community

Default avatar Welcome to Nintendo 3DS Community. This is a friendly community about the 3DS console and its games, as well as Nintendo in general, and you can take part simply and easily by joining. By doing this, you can post in the forums, play arcade games, start your own blog, download Nintendo music for free and much more. So join Nintendo 3DS Community today, you won't regret it!

Additionally, joining Nintendo 3DS Community gets rid of the ads.
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

To Youtube; no one cares about your real name policies or suggestions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nin3DS

Nin3DS

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,170 posts
  • 3DS Friend Code:5472-6802-5195
Shop Items
Contributor

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Nintendo 3DS Channel is a Youtube channel meant to represent this very site, hence it's impersonal.  It's also a group project where hopefully multiple staff can contribute to it.

I would like you to stop asking me whether I want to use my 'real' name, because my definition, I'm not using a personal Youtube account.  Not everyone wants this stupid Facebook style lack of anonymity, and some organisations are using Youtube for companies and groups rather than individuals.

Thank you.

Is anyone else getting bothered by all these 'change to your real name' and 'link to your Google account' and 'login with your e-mail' notifications?  Because I sure am, especially given that I don't plan to ever open a 'personal' account.

QHbrz4a.png

Follow Nintendo 3DS Community on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/#!/3DSCommunity

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel!

http://www.youtube.c...tendo3DSChannel

Try out our new Smash Bros 4 site!

Super Smash Bros 4.com

Like Wario?  Discuss him and his games at Wario Forums now!

#2 Dark Young Link

Dark Young Link

Mother Master

• Members
  • 4,263 posts
  • Favourite 3DS game:Code of Princess
  • 3DS Name:DYL
  • 3DS Friend Code:1161-0872-2880
Shop Items

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

Yeah that was a bs move making me use my Google account that I only made to get Youtube. Now they want me to use my real name? If I wanted to use my real name, I would have used it, not an alias.

DYLBUTTON-1.png

gallery_97_332_164150.png

#3 Yoshian12

Yoshian12

Yoshi

• Halloween Contest Winners
  • 1,761 posts
  • Nintendo Network ID:Yoshian12
  • 3DS Friend Code:0602-6275-6231
Shop Items

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

I would rather change my username from YoshianTwelve to Yoshian12 than use my real name. -_-

yoshian12_logo_by_yoshianiz-d7wjphi.png

#4 TheTEChguy27

TheTEChguy27

Burger Sniper

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • 3DS Name:Tim/TEChguy27
  • Nintendo Network ID:TheTEChguy27

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

Yeah, it really bugs me how they keep forcing these more social aspects of YouTube down our throats sometimes. TheTEChguy27 may be my personal channel, but I really don't want to reveal my full name there, especially since I upload stuff and whatnot.

Qsy4vdq.png

klB0rQD.pngkcg7VvL.pngbYxsJgP.pngd2RBYDb.png6i7e2mv.png

Ywm9GxL.png

#5 Moclon

Moclon

Best troll ever

• Members
  • 1,443 posts
  • Favourite 3DS game:Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • 3DS Name:Mike

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Decline and move on?

MoclonSig1.jpg

Spoiler

#6 Kirby_Z

Kirby_Z

Puff Ball

• Members
  • 1,855 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:Pokemon X: Safari Fighting - Mienfoo, Sawk, ???
  • 3DS Name:Kirby_Z
  • Nintendo Network ID:KirbyZ
  • 3DS Friend Code:4355-9853-3375

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Decline and move on?

Is that so hard to do?

Posted Image
My NES Quick Reviews: Reviewing all NES titles from A to Z

If you want me to review a specific game ahead of time just send me a PM and give me the game's name.

Updating from time to time, so subscribe to the topic to receive news when a new game is added.

#7 Floof5467

Floof5467

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

Tis how things are going to be, we better get used to it. Sooner or later you might not have the option to refuse so take it while you can.

EDIT: It's not just Google and Youtubes fault either. It's the amount of people so willing to post their entire lives for the world to see out there that is really allowing this sort of shit to continue.

[removed. Try to not have animated signatures that are that annoying; Nintendo 3DS Community Staff]

VRY SEXY

#8 sulla

sulla

Banana

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

I think it's vaguely creepy that someone could Google my name and find any and all the comments I've made on youtube videos for the six years I've had my account, so, yeah, no thanks.