• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to Nintendo 3DS Community

Default avatar Welcome to Nintendo 3DS Community. This is a friendly community about the 3DS console and its games, as well as Nintendo in general, and you can take part simply and easily by joining. By doing this, you can post in the forums, play arcade games, start your own blog, download Nintendo music for free and much more. So join Nintendo 3DS Community today, you won't regret it!

Additionally, joining Nintendo 3DS Community gets rid of the ads.
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Ouch, those Wii U tablets are expensive!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Nin3DS

Nin3DS
  • 3DS Friend Code:5472-6802-5195
Contributor

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Hope you don't ever break it, the replacement cost seems to be about $140!

http://mynintendonew...140-to-replace/

Oh God, I fear there'll be some pretty annoyed parents in the future, especially with the whole 'pay more than half the price of the console to replace the controller' thing and kids who like breaking things...

Are you happy you've never broken a Wii U Game Pad?

Go K Rool

Follow Nintendo 3DS Community on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/#!/3DSCommunity

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel!

http://www.youtube.c...tendo3DSChannel

Try out our new Smash Bros 4 site!

Super Smash Bros 4.com

#2 Smashboy

Smashboy
  • Game you're currently playing:Monster Hunter 3G:Ultimate
  • Favourite 3DS game:Don't have a favorite.
  • 3DS Name:Smashboy
  • Nintendo Network ID:Smashboy64
  • 3DS Friend Code:4854-6751-4567

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Kids shouldn't have a wii U imo so if it breaks its the parents fualt.

My little pony Mlp Art mane 6 pinkie Pie 495076

#3 Yoshian12

Yoshian12
  • Nintendo Network ID:Yoshian12
  • 3DS Friend Code:0602-6275-6231

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

I've had some close experiences of breaking the Wii U gamepad because of NSMBU making me mad, but thankfully I haven't slammed it against the ground or something.

But that's just seems ridiculously expensive. Why not be $50.00 or something instead of $140.00?

#4 Hellfire

Hellfire
  • Game you're currently playing:Fallout: New Vegas
  • Favourite 3DS game:Tales of the Abyss
  • 3DS Name:Angus
  • 3DS Friend Code:2921-9167-6685

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

I've had some close experiences of breaking the Wii U gamepad because of NSMBU making me mad, but thankfully I haven't slammed it against the ground or something.

But that's just seems ridiculously expensive. Why not be $50.00 or something instead of $140.00?

its basically a ipad. if you can find a brand new ipad straight from apple for $50, I'll eat a pikachu.

HellfireSig.jpg

The above sig was made by Raith :D Thanks!

ghoulmedalbannernew.png

#5 TheTEChguy27

TheTEChguy27
  • 3DS Name:Tim/TEChguy27
  • Nintendo Network ID:TheTEChguy27

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

Guess I can just live with my GamePad's dead pixel, then.  :/

Qsy4vdq.png

klB0rQD.pngkcg7VvL.pngbYxsJgP.pngd2RBYDb.png6i7e2mv.png

Ywm9GxL.png

#6 Yoshian12

Yoshian12
  • Nintendo Network ID:Yoshian12
  • 3DS Friend Code:0602-6275-6231

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

its basically a ipad. if you can find a brand new ipad straight from apple for $50, I'll eat a pikachu.

Oh, I see why now.

#7 Smashboy

Smashboy
  • Game you're currently playing:Monster Hunter 3G:Ultimate
  • Favourite 3DS game:Don't have a favorite.
  • 3DS Name:Smashboy
  • Nintendo Network ID:Smashboy64
  • 3DS Friend Code:4854-6751-4567

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

Guess I can just live with my GamePad's dead pixel, then.  :/

That sucks. Can't nintendo repair it? Its a malfunction. The article said replacements are $140 but nothing about repairs right?

My little pony Mlp Art mane 6 pinkie Pie 495076

#8 Nin3DS

Nin3DS
  • 3DS Friend Code:5472-6802-5195
Contributor

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

No it isn't.  The Game Pad cannot do anything without the main console, it's basically a dumb add on (dumb as in terminal, aka with no onboard computer or operating system) whereas an iPad is a tablet that can be used independantly.

Hence it should be much cheaper (because it's relying on the main system for power and what not).

Go K Rool

Follow Nintendo 3DS Community on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/#!/3DSCommunity

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel!

http://www.youtube.c...tendo3DSChannel

Try out our new Smash Bros 4 site!

Super Smash Bros 4.com

#9 SpoonySage

SpoonySage
  • Game you're currently playing:Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime
  • Favourite 3DS game:Final Fantasy Theatrhythm
  • 3DS Name:David
  • 3DS Friend Code:1332-7801-1755

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

No it isn't.  The Game Pad cannot do anything without the main console, it's basically a dumb add on (dumb as in terminal, aka with no onboard computer or operating system) whereas an iPad is a tablet that can be used independantly.

Hence it should be much cheaper (because it's relying on the main system for power and what not).

Cheaper, maybe. but not anywhere close to $50. $50 is the price I paid for a Wii controller with no nunchuck when it first came out. With all the things this gamepad can do, I figured it would be $100-$120 retail. $150 is a bit steep, but there is currently no reason to need two, so it doesn't upset me much.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 Rstitch

Rstitch

The Chosen One

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:Pokemon X and Pokemon Y
  • Favourite 3DS game:Pokemon X/Y
  • 3DS Name:Ryan
  • 3DS Friend Code:3926-5569-7837

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

Good thing I don't have a Wi U yet.

~Jack

The Chosen Hero from New Bark Town

Chosen by the legendary guardians, Ho-Oh and Lugia.

Johto League Victor from 2012-2013