• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to Nintendo 3DS Community

Default avatar Welcome to Nintendo 3DS Community. This is a friendly community about the 3DS console and its games, as well as Nintendo in general, and you can take part simply and easily by joining. By doing this, you can post in the forums, play arcade games, start your own blog, download Nintendo music for free and much more. So join Nintendo 3DS Community today, you won't regret it!

Additionally, joining Nintendo 3DS Community gets rid of the ads.
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mario Kart 8 Confirmed for April 2014

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Nintendo 3DS Daily

Nintendo 3DS Daily

Automatic Article Poster

• Administrators
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

Looks like those predictions about the game’s release date weren’t too far off, an official Nintendo of Europe newsletter has the game pegged for an April 2014 release date.  Here’s the newsletter in question:

Newsletter MK8

Or as translated, Mario Kart 8 will be released in April 2014, tie into Miiverse somehow and feature HD graphics.  Seems clear to me.

So, are you happy about Mario Kart 8′s now pretty much confirmed April 2014 release date?  And given that this is the European release date, do you think the US one might differ from it a bit?

View the full article

#2 starmario12

starmario12
  • 3DS Name:StarMario
  • 3DS Friend Code:5112-3420-9544

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

Most of the times US gets games earlier than Europe, so the date might be a few months earlier or so.

#3 Mother/EarthBound Collection

Mother/EarthBound Collection

Greatest Mother/EarthBound Fan & Influencer

• Members
  • 754 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:I'm not gonna keep updating this every time I play something else.
  • Favourite 3DS game:Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • 3DS Name:Reggie
  • Nintendo Network ID:MotherEBTrilogy
  • 3DS Friend Code:5043-1499-5753

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:19 PM

i don't see the dates not being far off. it was rumored december of this year on the last topic.

Mother/EarthBound Trilogy Collection Game for both 3DS AND Wii U Retail/Download Only!!!!!

Includes: Mother (EarthBound Zero), Mother 2 (EarthBound), AND Mother 3 (EarthBound 2)

It's GOING to happen one way or another, as promised by ME!

If you haven't tried the Mother/EarthBound franchise, do so NOW! You will have no regrets. Then support this goal in any way you can!

Posted Image

#4 Dark Young Link

Dark Young Link
  • Favourite 3DS game:Code of Princess
  • 3DS Name:DYL
  • 3DS Friend Code:1161-0872-2880

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:28 PM

Good. I've been waiting for this since I got bored of Mario Kart Wii. I just hope there's no gliders like in Mario Kart 7. That was one reason I didn't want MK7. I didn't like that gimmick.

DYLBUTTON-1.png

gallery_97_332_164150.png

#5 starmario12

starmario12
  • 3DS Name:StarMario
  • 3DS Friend Code:5112-3420-9544

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

Good. I've been waiting for this since I got bored of Mario Kart Wii. I just hope there's no gliders like in Mario Kart 7. That was one reason I didn't want MK7. I didn't like that gimmick.

That's too bad because MK8 is like a combo of Wii and 7, like going underwater, glide, the bikes are back. But with more.

#6 Gelivable

Gelivable
  • Game you're currently playing:Fire Emblem Awakening
  • 3DS Friend Code:2363-5782-8782

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

Why do you hate them? They're pretty fun for me.

Aw, I don't get into Politics. I just want to toss fireballs at bad guys.  - Henry

#7 Dark Young Link

Dark Young Link
  • Favourite 3DS game:Code of Princess
  • 3DS Name:DYL
  • 3DS Friend Code:1161-0872-2880

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:20 AM

They don't look like a fun gimmick. It looks more like a hassle than anything else.

The only reason I'm getting MK8, even if it is like MK7, is because I'd rather play a console Mario Kart rather than handheld anyway.

I actually hope that this game has like a shop and customization. That's something MK has been lacking for a long time now.

DYLBUTTON-1.png

gallery_97_332_164150.png

#8 Mother/EarthBound Collection

Mother/EarthBound Collection

Greatest Mother/EarthBound Fan & Influencer

• Members
  • 754 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:I'm not gonna keep updating this every time I play something else.
  • Favourite 3DS game:Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • 3DS Name:Reggie
  • Nintendo Network ID:MotherEBTrilogy
  • 3DS Friend Code:5043-1499-5753

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:45 AM

They don't look like a fun gimmick. It looks more like a hassle than anything else.

The only reason I'm getting MK8, even if it is like MK7, is because I'd rather play a console Mario Kart rather than handheld anyway.

I actually hope that this game has like a shop and customization. That's something MK has been lacking for a long time now.

looks can be deceiving. they are the best part, it's just tricky to throw items forward with it in the air. besides, whenever you go into a glide you can hit a button to put the glider away. even when over a gap you can do it, fall down, then get transported to the closest side, a little cheat there.

Mother/EarthBound Trilogy Collection Game for both 3DS AND Wii U Retail/Download Only!!!!!

Includes: Mother (EarthBound Zero), Mother 2 (EarthBound), AND Mother 3 (EarthBound 2)

It's GOING to happen one way or another, as promised by ME!

If you haven't tried the Mother/EarthBound franchise, do so NOW! You will have no regrets. Then support this goal in any way you can!

Posted Image

#9 Cha

Cha
  • Location:Inside his head. Off to his own created Anime World.
  • Game you're currently playing:Fire Emblem Awakening, Mad Father and Misao
  • Favourite 3DS game:Fire Emblem Awakening
  • 3DS Name:Cha♪d(¬¬)b
  • 3DS Friend Code:2879-0378-1226

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

If I remember correctly. I think gliders are returning in this one.

#10 Epicskwid

Epicskwid

I must squirt ink on your face

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:LOZ Spirit Tracks
  • Favourite 3DS game:Kid Icarus Uprising
  • 3DS Name:Skwid
  • 3DS Friend Code:0877-0690-8291

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

Yusss in time 4 ma birthday :D

Check out my YouTube!