• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to Nintendo 3DS Community

Default avatar Welcome to Nintendo 3DS Community. This is a friendly community about the 3DS console and its games, as well as Nintendo in general, and you can take part simply and easily by joining. By doing this, you can post in the forums, play arcade games, start your own blog, download Nintendo music for free and much more. So join Nintendo 3DS Community today, you won't regret it!

Additionally, joining Nintendo 3DS Community gets rid of the ads.
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

WARNING: Wonder Trade Mystery/Bad Eggs in Pokemon X/Y

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Porkman

Porkman
  • Game you're currently playing:Pokemon X, AC:NL
  • Favourite 3DS game:Pokemon X
  • 3DS Name:Porkman
  • 3DS Friend Code:2020-1041-1749

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:33 AM

Well, according to some X and Y players..the Bad Egg from previous gens has been appearing on people's games via Wonder Trades. Nobody is sure where they are coming from but these eggs are unhatchable, untradable (even though people are receiving them via wonder trade) and will multiply in your pc and party. In past gens these eggs were anti hack methods used to punish whoever did not hack a pokemon properly (or so it is thought). My theory is that the people who are learning to hack the games may have traded a pokemon who, upon trading became a bad egg due to the games detection or something. I'd highly advise against Wonder Trading until the issue is dealt with. These eggs can replace pokemon in your party and pc boxes..so play with caution, Pokemon trainers.

Attached File  mystery egg.png   575.71KB   0 downloads

Useful reads-

Bad egg in past gens: http://bulbapedia.bu...et/wiki/Bad_Egg

Pokemon X mysterious/Bad Egg reports:

http://www.neoseeker...7-mystery-eggs/

http://www.marriland...ystery-zone-egg

http://www.gamefaqs....emon-x/67481970

gallery_7_61_4599.png

sig.gif 

#2 Smoke

Smoke
  • Game you're currently playing:Super Mario Bros. 3, Yoshi's New Island, and Pokemon X
  • Favourite 3DS game:Yoshi's New Island, Pokemon X, and Mario Kart 7
  • 3DS Name:Smoke
  • 3DS Friend Code:2234-8505-4921

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:53 AM

Thanks for the heads up.

Smoke.png

#3 Mother/EarthBound Collection

Mother/EarthBound Collection

Greatest Mother/EarthBound Fan & Influencer

• Members
  • 754 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:I'm not gonna keep updating this every time I play something else.
  • Favourite 3DS game:Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • 3DS Name:Reggie
  • Nintendo Network ID:MotherEBTrilogy
  • 3DS Friend Code:5043-1499-5753

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:56 AM

Oh wow. How can you not know who's doing it? The game tells you your trade partner. Anyways, I'd like to know how this sorta thing happens. No wonder trade for a bit.

Mother/EarthBound Trilogy Collection Game for both 3DS AND Wii U Retail/Download Only!!!!!

Includes: Mother (EarthBound Zero), Mother 2 (EarthBound), AND Mother 3 (EarthBound 2)

It's GOING to happen one way or another, as promised by ME!

If you haven't tried the Mother/EarthBound franchise, do so NOW! You will have no regrets. Then support this goal in any way you can!

Posted Image

#4 Porkman

Porkman

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

Oh wow. How can you not know who's doing it? The game tells you your trade partner. Anyways, I'd like to know how this sorta thing happens. No wonder trade for a bit.

Well the official trainer of eggs is not determined until it is hatched.so it may not add them to your acquaintances afterwards. Who knows?

gallery_7_61_4599.png

sig.gif 

#5 SonicvMario

SonicvMario

Looker the Second

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:Sonic Generations 360/3DS , Luigi's Mansion 2 , Megaman 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , Dr. Wily's Revenge , Mario Kart 7 , Mario Kart Wii , Super Smash Bros. Brawl , Liberation Maidin , Kindom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance , Pokemon Yellow , Leafgreen , Saphire , Pearl , Platinum , HeartGold , SoulSilver , White , Black 2 , X , Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga , Animal Crossing:New Leaf , Metroid Other M , Fire Emblem: Awakening , Poképark 1 , 2 , Sonic Colours Wii , Sonic Advance 3 , Mario Kart Super Circuit , Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky , Pokémon Battle Revolution , Sonic Lost World , Kid Icarus Uprising or maybe Colours 3D
  • Favourite 3DS game:Kid Icarus Uprising
  • 3DS Name:SonicvMrio
  • Nintendo Network ID:SonicvMario
  • 3DS Friend Code:0388-0195-6636

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

Maybe the guy who leaked the event legends used the catch trainer pokemon cheat and it said he caught bad egg. It happens in Gen 4 anyway I caught Pryces rematch mamoswine and it said I caught bad egg
My signature

3DS Friend Code:0388-0195-6636

My Youtube chanel: https://www.youtube....hC6G10_Kdz_Qg_g

Pokémon White FC:5416 0816 3823

Pokémon Black 2 FC:3741 0460 0091

Brawl FC:2882 0268 5940

Dream Address:6200 2315 5376

#6 Vincerific

Vincerific
  • Game you're currently playing:Pokémon X
  • Favourite 3DS game:Pokémon X
  • 3DS Name:Vincerific
  • Nintendo Network ID:Vincerific
  • 3DS Friend Code:3539-9231-4343

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

Maybe the guy who leaked the event legends used the catch trainer pokemon cheat and it said he caught bad egg. It happens in Gen 4 anyway I caught Pryces rematch mamoswine and it said I caught bad egg

The is what Porkman and I were discussing. As Porkman had stated to me "The bad egg was used to prevent hacking methods as a punishment to hackers" but what we can't figure out is how it is being sent out when they are supposedly non-tradable.

Posted ImagePosted ImageThanks to Porkman for the awesome display / signature pic of my character, Vierna!

#7 Morguin

Morguin

Banana

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Favourite 3DS game:Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • 3DS Name:Morguin
  • Nintendo Network ID:David
  • 3DS Friend Code:3652-0708-0358

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:28 AM

has any more info come out about this?  is it still wise not to use wonder trade?

My Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Sigilyph, and Duosion.

#8 Porkman

Porkman

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:30 AM

Oh, Thanks for reminding me. Apparently this has been pretty much debunked and all is safe now.

gallery_7_61_4599.png

sig.gif