• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to Nintendo 3DS Community

Default avatar Welcome to Nintendo 3DS Community. This is a friendly community about the 3DS console and its games, as well as Nintendo in general, and you can take part simply and easily by joining. By doing this, you can post in the forums, play arcade games, start your own blog, download Nintendo music for free and much more. So join Nintendo 3DS Community today, you won't regret it!

Additionally, joining Nintendo 3DS Community gets rid of the ads.
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Why does the 3DS`s 3D hurt your eyes??

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ultron

Ultron

Big Pimpin

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:Legend of Zelda: Ocarena of Time(Master Quest)
  • Favourite 3DS game:All. Of. It.
  • 3DS Name:Ultron

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

Just seeing if anybody knew the answer to this. We all know how bad it is... but why?

#2 Sasori

Sasori

Akatsuki

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:COD: Black Ops 2
  • Favourite 3DS game:Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • 3DS Name:☆★Øᴍԑga★☆
  • 3DS Friend Code:0173-1959-8313

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

It could possibly strain your eyesight and make your eyes work harder at whatever they're doing. In younger kids (around the age of six), it might cause problems to their eyesight because the eye muscles in their eyes are still developing. Although there are no studies shown to prove that, it might be able to happen to kids who have eye problems or certain illnesses; but even so, it could also be beneficial to their vision (from what the American Optometric Association [AoA] says).
In my case, my eyes will start to water and I'll have to rub them (and stop playing) due to the fact that I've either played too long in one setting, sat too close to the TV, or had the images on the screen too bright. This doesn't happen on the 3DS though.

akatsuki+10+%5Bwww.vikitech.com%5D+.jpg

"You insist on calling those fireworks of yours art? True art endures the ages... beauty everlasting."

Friend Codes

3DS FC: 0173-1959-8313

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Omega U1tima

#3 wsoxfan1214

wsoxfan1214

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

It's never bothered me even once.

#4 Fillfall

Fillfall

Watch out for my fishing rod, I might give you a wedgie..

• Moderators
  • 2,354 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7
  • Favourite 3DS game:Mario Kart 7
  • 3DS Friend Code:3437-3215-9626

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

It doesn't hurt my eyes, but it's probably because you look at the screen for so long. Also, when you watch a 3D movie at the cinema, you're relaxed, while playing games you have to be really concentrated..

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

GUIDE: The youtube icon redirects to my youtube channel, the home icon redirects to my homepage (on this site), the photoshop icon redirects to my deviantArt and the mail icon is for sending me a personal message..
Posted Image

#5 Gelivable

Gelivable

Fire Emblem Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1,177 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:Fire Emblem Awakening
  • 3DS Friend Code:2363-5782-8782

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

I'm fine with 3D, but I only use half of the depth. Some of my friends could not stand 3D though.

Aw, I don't get into Politics. I just want to toss fireballs at bad guys.  - Henry

#6 Johnwaluigi

Johnwaluigi

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 473 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:Skyward Sword (Hero Mode)
  • Favourite 3DS game:Ocarina of Time 3D, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

It's mind over matter. It shouldn't hurt your eyes but because you BELIEVE it will, it will.

Posted Image

I heard my underlings had finally captured the spirit maiden, so of course I rushed over here. What can I say? I was excited. Flustered, even... But what did I find when I arrived? That agent of the goddess... she had once again... You see, what I'm trying to say is... That goddess-serving dog escaped with the girl! I MUST have the spirit maiden in order to ressurect my master! I MUST HAVE HER! ...I got a little carried away there, didn't I? I don't deal well with... complications to plans I've laid out so carefully. It's a character flaw of mine

http://nintendo3dsco...ar-chronicles/ Read this! Your life depends on it!!

#7 SupremeGameExpert

SupremeGameExpert

Gaming Extrodinaire

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • 3DS Friend Code:2449-5126-6667

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

I think it might be due to how your eyes are basically seeing a seprate image in 3d. I can see little 3d at the highest depth due to me wearing glasses and all

poptartFINALTINY.gif
I am the master gamer! If you got the guts to challenge me you must be dreaming. ~SupremeGameExpert
pokemon-gif-lazer.gifmow-the-lawn.gifpokemon-omanyte-creep.gifphoto-488.png?t=99622599?t=43744667top-5-scary-urban-legends-in-video-gameswHR4J.gif

#8 TheUltimateKoopa

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:29 AM

I always wonder, how many people have REALLY had a problem?

It's not a case of "IT really hurts my eyes", but more a case of "I'm a gullible person who reads stupid fake reports from newspapers who don't know anything and whatever".

#9 spymoft

spymoft

Banana

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:Ketzal's Corridors
  • Favourite 3DS game:Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • 3DS Name:spymoft
  • 3DS Friend Code:5069-3938-7532

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:50 AM

The 3D only hurt my eyes the first day I got the 3DS, but afterward its never been an issue. I think it hurt in the beginning because I was playing games like Street Fighter and Dead or Alive which don't have the eyes focus on one point while games like Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land had me focused just on Mario and/or certain parts of the screen - which holds true for more of the games I've played on the 3DS (Dillons Rolling Western, Freakyforms, Sakura Samurai, etc.)

Posted Image

#10 kunino-sagiri

kunino-sagiri

DK Balloon

• Members
  • 1,208 posts
  • 3DS Friend Code:1032-1215-8427

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:50 AM

I always wonder, how many people have REALLY had a problem?

It's not a case of "IT really hurts my eyes", but more a case of "I'm a gullible person who reads stupid fake reports from newspapers who don't know anything and whatever".

You may be right there. I suspect a lot of apparent cases of eye-ache caused by the 3DS are actually psychosomatic. They believe it cause eye-ache, so it does.

"I swear on the name of Dumuzid, the Shepherd, consort of Ishtar! Your ass is mine, punk!" - Thomas Mutton

#11 Ultron

Ultron

Big Pimpin

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:Legend of Zelda: Ocarena of Time(Master Quest)
  • Favourite 3DS game:All. Of. It.
  • 3DS Name:Ultron

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

How about when you look at the 3D screen sideways when someone else is playing a 3DS? Does that hurt them?

#12 Manbearpig

Manbearpig

Manbearpig

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:Goldeneye 007
  • Favourite 3DS game:Mario Kart 7
  • 3DS Friend Code:1676-3739-8499

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

How about when you look at the 3D screen sideways when someone else is playing a 3DS? Does that hurt them?

Not at all. Well maybe if it was jiggly like in a car or something like that, your eyes may be switching back and forth between one image meant for one eye and the other meant for tne other eye. But otherwise, it shouldn't hurt your eyes at all because you're just looking at a regular 2d image.