• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to Nintendo 3DS Community

Default avatar Welcome to Nintendo 3DS Community. This is a friendly community about the 3DS console and its games, as well as Nintendo in general, and you can take part simply and easily by joining. By doing this, you can post in the forums, play arcade games, start your own blog, download Nintendo music for free and much more. So join Nintendo 3DS Community today, you won't regret it!

Additionally, joining Nintendo 3DS Community gets rid of the ads.
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Mario and Luigi Game Idea

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 SuperMarioFanX100

SuperMarioFanX100
  • Game you're currently playing:Team Fortress 2, Ace Attorney
  • Favourite 3DS game:The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • 3DS Friend Code:4682-8526-1146

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:36 AM

Hear me out for a sec, I've been thinking about this for a while, and nailed this game down to what happens when.

Posted Image

Ok, so anywho, the main point of this game is another Paper Mario Game.

The Twist: You don't have partners, you have Luigi.

Gameplay:

Basically, it works the same as in Paper Mario and Paper Mario TTYD except you have Luigi to start with.
Now you'll be saying, "Wouldn't Luigi basically be another Mario?"
The answer, yes for a while.
You see partners as you know don't just give you a new guy with new moves, they help you overcome obstacles on the world map like Bombette's booming or Parakarry's flight thing.
The solution, power ups!

Posted Image

You see, along your trail you'll find power ups which you can switch between whenever you want. Each of these power ups would come in pairs of 2 when you find them. You can switch them on or off or between each other like you would switch out partners. For example you can have Mario wearing the Boomerang suit for its long range attacks for maybe a ceiling attached enemy (Gah I hate them) and meanwhile Luigi might have the Fire Flower suit for critical hits to Ice enemies. See how it would work?

The downside of having a suit on over the regular default is you won't have your hammer attack, but you'll have 2 extra suit moves in its place.

Example: Fire Flower. Critical against ice enemies and you cannot be frozen or burned while suit is on.

Attack 1, Fire burst. Attacks one ground enemy.
Hold A to the end of the bar for full blast to hit one foe with full power. On full hit target may be burned.

Attack 2, Fire Ball Blitz. Attacks all ground enemies in repeated barrage of fire balls.
Repeatedly tap A as fast as you can for 6 seconds. Each fire ball is minimal damage compared to the Fire Burst, but will have repeated attacks on all foes.

Real World Power is you can melt ice in your way.

Example 2: Boomberang. Action Command Defense up 1 while suit is on.

Attack 1: Long Range Boomerang attack. It can attack foes on the ceiling. Hold the left button or the pad to the left when the bar reaches the end, if it reaches to far or too soon damage will be reduced.

Attack 2: Shell Shock. Repeatedly tap the left button or left pad and attack all ground enemies in a shell attack. Foes my become dizzied when hit.

Real World power: Can hit far away objects like buttons with boomerang.

See how that works? It's perfect.

Anywho, storyline wise I'd want to see these guys as the main antagonists.

Posted Image

So these guys would be the main antagonists. Don't ask me how, maybe an alternate universe or something, but these guys are it.

Also, storyline wise I don't want them to take over the world at wait for Mario and Luigi to come. I want them to repeadetly be in the action. For example, let's say Mario and Luigi are all after the 7 watchahoozits or whatever. Instead of that, this game would have it where both pairs of brothers are after the things and sometimes at the end of a chapter Mario and Luigi get it, but sometimes after a cutscene of a post boss battle Mr M and Mr L would take it.

Also plot twist part, in the end Mario and Luigi would have 3 each, and they're after the final 7th one. It's crucial that each pair of brothers have this one since the winner would have the edge in the final battle.
(PS, Mr M and L get it in a boss battle against them after Mario and Luigi have fought the boss before to get it. And so in the end it'd be the final battle with Mr. M and Mr. L having the edge.)

Anywho, that's the gameplay and storyline in my game. Well..

Also, It'd be cool to see these guys again at one point or another.

Posted Image

What do you think? Be nice.

There once was a man named SMF. Then he went away, then came back, then away again. Who knows what crazy stuff is in his head?

#2 Skymin50

Skymin50
  • Game you're currently playing:New Super Mario Bros 2
  • Favourite 3DS game:New Super Mario Bros 2
  • 3DS Name:Sky
  • Nintendo Network ID:Skymin50
  • 3DS Friend Code:3737-9650-0553

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

Let me print this out,mail it to Nintendo and include the money.

THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME IDEA IN THE HISTORY OF MAN KIND.
Posted Image

3DS FC:3737-9650-0553

#3 Gelivable

Gelivable
  • Game you're currently playing:Fire Emblem Awakening
  • 3DS Friend Code:2363-5782-8782

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:40 AM

:yeahthat:

Aw, I don't get into Politics. I just want to toss fireballs at bad guys.  - Henry

#4 Cha

Cha
  • Location:Inside his head. Off to his own created Anime World.
  • Game you're currently playing:Fire Emblem Awakening, Mad Father and Misao
  • Favourite 3DS game:Fire Emblem Awakening
  • 3DS Name:Cha♪d(¬¬)b
  • 3DS Friend Code:2879-0378-1226

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

Mario's partners from the past games are pretty much his mouth anyway. As he sits there silently in every scene. Luigi fits the spot perfectly as he talks in the Paper Mario series!

#5 DarkSupahSonicFan

DarkSupahSonicFan

Official N3DSC Sonic Fan

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:New Super Mario Bros 2
  • Favourite 3DS game:Fire Emblem: Awakining Demo
  • 3DS Name:SSF
  • 3DS Friend Code:3609-1491-0295

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

Best idea ever!!!!I woulf buy this on it's release!!!!
sonic generations

#6 Gelivable

Gelivable
  • Game you're currently playing:Fire Emblem Awakening
  • 3DS Friend Code:2363-5782-8782

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:52 AM

lulz, SMF's topics are always good places to earn some likes...

*waits for this post being liked*

SEE?

Aw, I don't get into Politics. I just want to toss fireballs at bad guys.  - Henry

#7 SuperMarioFanX100

SuperMarioFanX100
  • Game you're currently playing:Team Fortress 2, Ace Attorney
  • Favourite 3DS game:The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • 3DS Friend Code:4682-8526-1146

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:55 AM

Only because I found that remark funny. Reviewing this twice gets you NOZZING.

There once was a man named SMF. Then he went away, then came back, then away again. Who knows what crazy stuff is in his head?

#8 starmario12

starmario12
  • 3DS Name:StarMario
  • 3DS Friend Code:5112-3420-9544

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:03 AM

Should be a new Mario and Luigi RPG game since we havnt had one since 2009 and they say Paper Mario 3DS comes out pretty soon in May.

#9 Cha

Cha
  • Location:Inside his head. Off to his own created Anime World.
  • Game you're currently playing:Fire Emblem Awakening, Mad Father and Misao
  • Favourite 3DS game:Fire Emblem Awakening
  • 3DS Name:Cha♪d(¬¬)b
  • 3DS Friend Code:2879-0378-1226

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:06 AM

SEE?

Since he gives us likes, how 'bout we return the favor!? *Likes SMF's original post.* How do ya like that!

#10 swordmaster229

swordmaster229
  • Game you're currently playing:Mariokart 7, Mariokart Wii, Poke,om White, Minecraft, Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Favourite 3DS game:Mariokart 7
  • 3DS Friend Code:0130-1822-3961

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:01 AM

*Emails Nintendo*
Huh, what?

anyway, awesome idea!!!
I would also love a "Wario & Waluigi: Partners in crime" :D
Posted Image

"It Ruins The Game When You Take Out The Trees, It Ruins The World When You Take Out The Trees!"
"Da F**K?!?!" ~ Colton & Troy, TWD98

"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#11 swordmaster229

swordmaster229
  • Game you're currently playing:Mariokart 7, Mariokart Wii, Poke,om White, Minecraft, Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Favourite 3DS game:Mariokart 7
  • 3DS Friend Code:0130-1822-3961

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:42 AM

SEE?

Since he gives us likes, how 'bout we return the favor!? *Likes SMF's original post.* How do ya like that!

I see what you did there -_-
Posted Image

"It Ruins The Game When You Take Out The Trees, It Ruins The World When You Take Out The Trees!"
"Da F**K?!?!" ~ Colton & Troy, TWD98

"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#12 Hammer Bro.

Hammer Bro.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:46 AM

ROFLMAO Jr. Troopa's the only one without an official artwork because he doesn't have one. Poor guy...

#13 Fillfall

Fillfall

Watch out for my fishing rod, I might give you a wedgie..

• Moderators
  • 2,352 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7
  • Favourite 3DS game:Mario Kart 7
  • 3DS Friend Code:3437-3215-9626

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:16 AM

Marry me!
Seriously, this is the best game idea in the entire world..
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

GUIDE: The youtube icon redirects to my youtube channel, the home icon redirects to my homepage (on this site), the photoshop icon redirects to my deviantArt and the mail icon is for sending me a personal message..
Posted Image

#14 Yoshi64Mario

Yoshi64Mario
  • Game you're currently playing:Don't get me started!
  • Favourite 3DS game:Mario Tennis Open
  • 3DS Friend Code:5155-2937-8929

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

Cool idea. Bring back the audience effect from The Thousand Year Door and maybe Yoshi as a partner (yeah I know this is Mario and Luigi, but you know...) and it'd be a fantastic game, and quite possibly one of my favourites.

It'd still be great even if Yoshi wasn't playable.
Posted Image

#15 Fillfall

Fillfall

Watch out for my fishing rod, I might give you a wedgie..

• Moderators
  • 2,352 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7
  • Favourite 3DS game:Mario Kart 7
  • 3DS Friend Code:3437-3215-9626

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

Cool idea. Bring back the audience effect from The Thousand Year Door and maybe Yoshi as a partner (yeah I know this is Mario and Luigi, but you know...) and it'd be a fantastic game, and quite possibly one of my favourites.

It'd still be great even if Yoshi wasn't playable.

Imagine Mr. Yoshi..

DUN DUN DUN!
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

GUIDE: The youtube icon redirects to my youtube channel, the home icon redirects to my homepage (on this site), the photoshop icon redirects to my deviantArt and the mail icon is for sending me a personal message..
Posted Image