• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to Nintendo 3DS Community

Default avatar Welcome to Nintendo 3DS Community. This is a friendly community about the 3DS console and its games, as well as Nintendo in general, and you can take part simply and easily by joining. By doing this, you can post in the forums, play arcade games, start your own blog, download Nintendo music for free and much more. So join Nintendo 3DS Community today, you won't regret it!

Additionally, joining Nintendo 3DS Community gets rid of the ads.
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Internet trolling could be made illegal?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Nin3DS

Nin3DS
  • 3DS Friend Code:5472-6802-5195
Contributor

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

In Arizona, so it's just one US state so far. But still, this could be interesting:

http://games.yahoo.c...-184547052.html

Up to six months in prison too, so yeah...

Not sure what to think of this. I don't think anyone who doesn't use the internet much would care, but it could have interesting implications for forums.

*Gets banned members arrested*

What do you think?

Go K Rool

Follow Nintendo 3DS Community on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/#!/3DSCommunity

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel!

http://www.youtube.c...tendo3DSChannel

Try out our new Smash Bros 4 site!

Super Smash Bros 4.com

#2 Fluttershy

Fluttershy

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

The hell? It's the internet. Why is everyone censoring the internet. T_T'

God you suck, American Government. *Looks at all Americans here, which is 70% of the community*
Posted Image

#3 SupremeGameExpert

SupremeGameExpert
  • 3DS Friend Code:2449-5126-6667

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

Lets see how long this lasts...(waits for protests if it gets signed)

poptartFINALTINY.gif
I am the master gamer! If you got the guts to challenge me you must be dreaming. ~SupremeGameExpert
pokemon-gif-lazer.gifmow-the-lawn.gifpokemon-omanyte-creep.gifphoto-488.png?t=99622599?t=43744667top-5-scary-urban-legends-in-video-gameswHR4J.gif

#4 ninjablooper

ninjablooper

"time to play can I remember my login [censor]" -floof

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

Freedom of Speech will not allow this law to pass.

#5 kunino-sagiri

kunino-sagiri
  • 3DS Friend Code:1032-1215-8427

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

It does depend who you're trolling. Some statements could be construed as libel (although that would mean you'd be sued, not imprisoned).
"I swear on the name of Dumuzid, the Shepherd, consort of Ishtar! Your ass is mine, punk!" - Thomas Mutton

#6 Gelivable

Gelivable
  • Game you're currently playing:Fire Emblem Awakening
  • 3DS Friend Code:2363-5782-8782

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

Let's see how they stop foreign internet users "misbehave" on American sites.

Aw, I don't get into Politics. I just want to toss fireballs at bad guys.  - Henry

#7 Dark Young Link

Dark Young Link
  • Favourite 3DS game:Code of Princess
  • 3DS Name:DYL
  • 3DS Friend Code:1161-0872-2880

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

I saw that. It was the dumbest thing I've ever read. It won't happen. If it does then they can't really do anything to stop it.

DYLBUTTON-1.png

gallery_97_332_164150.png

#8 NintenDan

NintenDan

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

Sounds like a poorly worded attempt at trying to stop anti-bullying. Good intentions, but needs moar work. *slaps down NintenDan Seal of Send-It-Back-To-The-Drawing-Boards*

#9 Nin3DS

Nin3DS
  • 3DS Friend Code:5472-6802-5195
Contributor

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

I have to wonder what'll happen to 4chan. Would everyone get arrested?

Go K Rool

Follow Nintendo 3DS Community on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/#!/3DSCommunity

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel!

http://www.youtube.c...tendo3DSChannel

Try out our new Smash Bros 4 site!

Super Smash Bros 4.com

#10 Hideyoshi

Hideyoshi

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

I have to wonder what'll happen to 4chan. Would everyone get arrested?

Not everyone there trolls, you know. :p Although I don't really go on there myself.

#11 Dark Young Link

Dark Young Link
  • Favourite 3DS game:Code of Princess
  • 3DS Name:DYL
  • 3DS Friend Code:1161-0872-2880

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:31 AM

The only thing on 4chan I've ever done was ask what anime a picture was from.

DYLBUTTON-1.png

gallery_97_332_164150.png

#12 Yoshi64Mario

Yoshi64Mario
  • Game you're currently playing:Don't get me started!
  • Favourite 3DS game:Mario Tennis Open
  • 3DS Friend Code:5155-2937-8929

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

So basically it's illegal like emulation. Which, oddly enough, not many get arrested for, or even charged. Heck with it I took my PC in to get fixed once and had at least three emulators on it. And no-one said anything apart from "your files are in the folder labelled backup on your desktop". I mean, SURELY they would've seen the icons for the emulators...

Also, yes I do use emulators. Sue me now. Once you finish playing YOUR emulated game that is.

Anyway, in the meantime, oh well. There goes several sites. But if copyright and all that suddenly became law, then everything would shut down and the internet would die. And that includes this very forum.
Posted Image

#13 ninjablooper

ninjablooper

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Actually it probably wouldn't. This site is owned by Nin who is British. Therefore he doesn't need to follow US Laws.

#14 Zexis

Zexis

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

We already have laws for special cases of speech, e.g. libel.

"Trolling" won't become illegal. The very notion of such a thing is just stupid. The people who think such a law could ever come to actualization are stupid. The First Amendment of the Constitution is the most heavily guarded of the Bill of Rights. It won't be breached for something as frivolous as "lulz".

Zexi_zpsb52620eb.png2l9gqds.png

Signature art (left) made by Pocari, pixelated art (right) made by Dbuhos of the Blacklight forums

#15 swordmaster229

swordmaster229
  • Game you're currently playing:Mariokart 7, Mariokart Wii, Poke,om White, Minecraft, Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Favourite 3DS game:Mariokart 7
  • 3DS Friend Code:0130-1822-3961

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

Im speechless D:
Posted Image

"It Ruins The Game When You Take Out The Trees, It Ruins The World When You Take Out The Trees!"
"Da F**K?!?!" ~ Colton & Troy, TWD98

"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#16 SpoonySage

SpoonySage
  • Game you're currently playing:Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime
  • Favourite 3DS game:Final Fantasy Theatrhythm
  • 3DS Name:David
  • 3DS Friend Code:1332-7801-1755

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:02 AM

I mean, let's face it, we NEED some anti-bullying legislation. Freedom of speech ends when you are purposely using it to infringe on the rights of another and it sickens me to think of the people who actually enjoy using the internet just to bully people. "Trolling" is nothing more then a weak-minded way to annoy someone and worse; several people have committed suicide due to internet trolling and its good to know SOMETHING is being done. I agree that this is a poor step, but at least it is a first step to something that needs to exist, both online and in the schools.

The internet should be a place of refuge for people. Bullying in junior high and high school is rough and being able to relax in video games and online might just be the only social outlet someone has. Say what you will, but I want to have kids one day and I want to make sure they are safe to enjoy the internet.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 wsoxfan1214

wsoxfan1214

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

People outside of the US: please don't take this as the thoughts of our country. Arizona is in its own little world (they even stopped doing daylight saving's time, so they're in their own little time bubble I guess) and they're nearly as bad as the deep south now.

Ignore them like the rest of our country does.

Chicago-Blackhawks-Logo.gifcarolina_panthers_avatar_100x80_41363.gichicago_white_sox_logo_avatar_96x96_9110arsenal_avatar_96x96_83780.gifchicago_bulls_avatar_96x96_41392.gif

#18 Space Core

Space Core

The Official Unofficial TF2er

• Banned
  • 689 posts
  • 3DS Friend Code:0731-5241-9885

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

Yes please.
I'm sick of unrightful morons thinking they're so cool.

....But no seriously, why is this bad?
Posted Image
Anyone you hate? Just repeat this.

And i punch those people in the face, because they're jerks.

3DS Friend Code: 0731 5241 9885
3DS Name: Zakk

#19 ninjablooper

ninjablooper

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

I mean, let's face it, we NEED some anti-bullying legislation. Freedom of speech ends when you are purposely using it to infringe on the rights of another and it sickens me to think of the people who actually enjoy using the internet just to bully people. "Trolling" is nothing more then a weak-minded way to annoy someone and worse; several people have committed suicide due to internet trolling and its good to know SOMETHING is being done. I agree that this is a poor step, but at least it is a first step to something that needs to exist, both online and in the schools.

The internet should be a place of refuge for people. Bullying in junior high and high school is rough and being able to relax in video games and online might just be the only social outlet someone has. Say what you will, but I want to have kids one day and I want to make sure they are safe to enjoy the internet.

I don't think you fully get trolling.

#20 Tiger21820

Tiger21820
  • Game you're currently playing:LOZ: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
  • Favourite 3DS game:LOZ: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
  • 3DS Name:Tiger
  • Nintendo Network ID:Tiger21820
  • 3DS Friend Code:0302-0580-1162

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

First it was SOPA, now this!? Either these humans are getting possessed by (something), or they are failing to use the brain provided a thick hollow case that is their skull. You, me have a brain, SO USE IT! Otherwise they may just lack a functioning brain.

GET IT STRAIGHT: The thought of such laws are an embarrassment to yourselves, the US (and other countries with similar views), the internet, and the citizens! Tell your kids that they cannot swear anymore, OR JUST SHUT UP! You are NOT getting these laws, so stop whining like 2 year olds about being called a(n) *Insert naughtly word here* on the internet because just face it: THEY WILL NOT STOP!!

There, I'm done now.

The Master Of Fire And Ice

gallery_29_4_151823.png
Very special thanks to Toon Ike for the image and for being such a great friend!!!

Come join me at my forum!
Nintendo DS Central

This is my regular friend code:

Tiger
0302-0582-1162

This friend code is for my old 3ds which is now an experimental 3ds. Do not be suprised if you see any odd characters, strange names/messages, or miis. If you want more activity from me, use the first friend code. Adding this code is optional.

Tiger
0232-8439-7395