• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to Nintendo 3DS Community

Default avatar Welcome to Nintendo 3DS Community. This is a friendly community about the 3DS console and its games, as well as Nintendo in general, and you can take part simply and easily by joining. By doing this, you can post in the forums, play arcade games, start your own blog, download Nintendo music for free and much more. So join Nintendo 3DS Community today, you won't regret it!

Additionally, joining Nintendo 3DS Community gets rid of the ads.
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Nintendo planning to buy Sega?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nintendo 3DS Daily

Nintendo 3DS Daily

Automatic Article Poster

• Administrators
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Well, this is an interesting revelation if true.  Heck, if this headline had been around about ten years ago, it would have been the most interesting thing to ever happen to the video game world.

But as of now, it's mere speculation about what could be.  Apparently this guy thinks it's possible Nintendo could be planning to buy Sega due to the close relationship the companies have had through the Wii and Wii U era and that doing so could help both companies deal with the rest of the video game industry.  At least, that's what I think he's saying, judge for yourself from the video:

Read full story at Nintendo 3DS Daily

#2 Space Core

Space Core

The Official Unofficial TF2er

• Banned
  • 689 posts
  • 3DS Friend Code:0731-5241-9885

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

Sure.

I'm a bit paranoid since Rare being bought by Microsoft, but i can totally see Sonic and Mario starring in some co-op platformer thingus.

Posted Image
Anyone you hate? Just repeat this.

And i punch those people in the face, because they're jerks.

3DS Friend Code: 0731 5241 9885
3DS Name: Zakk

#3 re11ding

re11ding
  • Game you're currently playing:Pokemon Y
  • 3DS Name:re11ding
  • 3DS Friend Code:1418-6809-8843

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

This might not be a bad idea I guess. As long as Nintendo doesn't limit them too much on what they can and can't do with sonic.

re11ding.png

if37ug.jpg

My Team Fortress 2 Backpack

My Youtube

Spoiler

#4 TheTEChguy27

TheTEChguy27
  • 3DS Name:Tim/TEChguy27
  • Nintendo Network ID:TheTEChguy27

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

I'm not sure how this would benefit Sega since they normally release games for several platforms, but it would certainly create some neat mash-ups.

Qsy4vdq.png

klB0rQD.pngkcg7VvL.pngbYxsJgP.pngd2RBYDb.png6i7e2mv.png

Ywm9GxL.png

#5 kunino-sagiri

kunino-sagiri
  • 3DS Friend Code:1032-1215-8427

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

I'm not sure how this would benefit Sega since they normally release games for several platforms, but it would certainly create some neat mash-ups.

If Nintendo are actually buying Sega, then it's not about what benefits Sega. It's about how much benefit it would bring to Nintendo and whether this would be worth the money it would cost to buy Sega.

Although it would bring one benefit to Sega, that being more money with which to develop games. 

"I swear on the name of Dumuzid, the Shepherd, consort of Ishtar! Your ass is mine, punk!" - Thomas Mutton

#6 Dark Young Link

Dark Young Link
  • Favourite 3DS game:Code of Princess
  • 3DS Name:DYL
  • 3DS Friend Code:1161-0872-2880

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Finally. The Mario/Sonic crossover that we deserve. I can see it now. Eggman kidnaps Peach... Bowser kidnaps... who ever the hell he feels like. Maybe Amy I don't know. Then Mario and Sonic team up for a good platforming adventure... Or a 3D Mario/Sonic game. Like Sonic Adventure mixed with Mario 64. :D I love having good ideas that no one listens to.

DYLBUTTON-1.png

gallery_97_332_164150.png

#7 Moclon

Moclon
  • Favourite 3DS game:Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • 3DS Name:Mike

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Finally. The Mario/Sonic crossover that we deserve. I can see it now. Eggman kidnaps Peach... Bowser kidnaps... who ever the hell he feels like. Maybe Amy I don't know. Then Mario and Sonic team up for a good platforming adventure... Or a 3D Mario/Sonic game. Like Sonic Adventure mixed with Mario 64. :D I love having good ideas that no one listens to.

This.

Plus, Smash Bros.

MoclonSig1.jpg

Spoiler